ATX Community

Please post your experiences with e-file today

BulldogTom

I agree with you Tom,

I'm hoping for a smooth transmission, however past experiences has told me to wait and see. So far this year e-file has been flawless for me, but with the weekly deadline coming up fast I would hate to have my clients returns stuck in limbo because of some sorf of melt down.

Please, for you brave fokes that have sent, please keep us skeptics in the know!

Deb!

If you are being brave and sending out your returns today, please post the experience with us. I am holding off for another day just in case the servers at CCH or IRS melt down. If it all looks good in the morning, I will be sending my 20+ returns that are sitting on my desk.

Thanks

Tom

Lodi, CA

Getting ready to send a few, Tom. I will let you know :-).

By the way I am having trouble with Form 5405 on a return. It says: Error: when filing form 1040, the following supporting forms are not allowed: 5405

Think maybe ATX has not updated their filing system to allow this form?

Thanks!

Eli

Getting ready to send a few, Tom. I will let you know :-).

By the way I am having trouble with Form 5405 on a return. It says: Error: when filing form 1040, the following supporting forms are not allowed: 5405

Think maybe ATX has not updated their filing system to allow this form?

Thanks!

Eli

you cannot efile a current year fm5405, it must be paper filed. a suggestion, if it applies (i think this is correct), efile current year return without fm5405...and amend 2009 tax return with 2010 fm5405 carryback. bonus points...you get taxpayer 1 year's interest on $8000.

What if the only thing on Form 5405 is the payback? Can that be efiled now? It was on the IRS's list of forms they're accepting as of today, but don't know if that meant via paper or efile. I have only one, and she's waiting on her consolidated 1099.

I also efile through CCH but with ProSystem fx. They were holding one of mine, and another returned her signed forms this morning. Both continued to say Hold throughout the day, but now say Transmitted.

What if the only thing on Form 5405 is the payback? Can that be efiled now? It was on the IRS's list of forms they're accepting as of today, but don't know if that meant via paper or efile. I have only one, and she's waiting on her consolidated 1099.

I also efile through CCH but with ProSystem fx. They were holding one of mine, and another returned her signed forms this morning. Both continued to say Hold throughout the day, but now say Transmitted.

Yes form 5405 can be e-file if the only reason is to pay back. All new claims must be submitted paper file, however the payback can be e-filed.

Deb!

I transmitted 11 e-files around 7:00pm and they went OK. However, it is now 11:00pm and they are still "Transmitted to EFC"......That status usually does not remain for so long. I expectedto see "Transmitted to Agency" by now. Oh well...guess i'll check back in the morning.

All 11 of mine that I sent yesterday evening around 7pm still say "Transmitted to EFC"

All 11 of mine that I sent yesterday evening around 7pm still say "Transmitted to EFC"

Same here. It seems there is a queue at ATX and another at IRS. I have some with a message that reads "Transmitted to EFC" and "Transmitted to Agency". I think the IRS is not allowing Software developers to send more returns.

Thanx to all for 5045 info.

I have two returns that have been transmitted, but not yet accepted. IRS has rationed software companies on how many they can send per day, hoping to catch up by the end of Friday 18 February. CT shows accepted, though.

Now to get to all the people that dropped off over the last couple of days!