ATX Community

Thanks!

taxbrewster

To everyone on the board, thanks for all the input, here's to other great season!!

Here, here, likewise, ditto, and huzzah! Don't know HOW I'd make it through the season without each and every one of you, my online colleagues and friends.

And for one LAST time this season --- :wall:

LOL!!

Catherine

Happy Easter and Passover to all. Thanks for all of your help, suggestions, ideas and prayers. Enjoy the summer and see you in the late fall. I will check in just to keep my mind from rusting as I do the extensions.

Again this has been an interesting season, but then every season is interesting.

Thank you to everyone! Happy Passover! Happy Easter!

And for those of us who seem to work year round, I'll be seeing you soon and often! I think I got smarter this year, guess I'll know as the year progresses. When I got into a return that needed research, I put them on extension and moved on to the next return that was more ready to be completed. I think that moved returns through more efficiently during the season, but it's left me with more research to do in the next months. As a sole proprietor, I hope I can engage you and the rest of my virtual water cooler to provide me with leads and direction and the questions I need to ask in the off season.

Yes thanks to every one. Especially those who jump in and kept me from making a huge mistake when I wasn’t in my right mind.

This was the worst tax year ever for a sole proprietor as far as person upset goes.

First in February I had to make the decision to put down Two Horses that were both born her over 30 years ago. That was real hard to say the least.

Then you all know about Buddy, my constant companion and friend to all my clients, especially those with children.

Then Saturday two days before the season was over, with a client in the office I get a call that my 86 year old sister in-law is in the ICU in Madera (two hours away) heart attach. My husband had to go by himself, kind of understanding.

Finished my last return yesterday at about four o’clock.

Last night I had a nightmare that I forgot to transmit his return. I ran out to the office and everything was filed and accepted. Just goes to show where my head still is.

Oh and by the way the client with the partnership had to be extended her mother past away before she was able to complete her review.

I guess I won’t get my snowmobile trip with Ann in the hospital. But all is well I’m still breathing. And the Granddaughter just got here.

Thanks for listening. Here’s to a better year in 2012 or at least a calmer one.

Linda

Much sympathy and many hugs to you, Linda. :wub:

Happy Easter and a Blessed Passover to all.

I will _definitely_ be here during the "off" season, plowing through my extensions, catching up with those prior-year clients (who were told flat-out, "You're years late already, the folks for this year come first"), and generally keeping up with my buddies online.

ANYONE who makes it to eastern Mass this year -- stop by! Drop me a note and you'll get directions and a cup of tea (or glass of iced tea) when you arrive.

Catherine

I agree - -as the only person here for the past 340 years - -I NEVER would have survived without everyone - -I defiantly learned more here than in any class!

The never ending winter has yet to give up it's steel-hard grip on the Buffalo area - -sooooooooooooooooo No gardening, NO beach - -just - -dreary.

Linda - -hang in there!

A 45 yr old football injury( yep - -I know - -I'm a whopping 5' tall - -but those guys were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!) and 35 yr old rebuilding of a knee has taken it's toll - -I am scheduled for bilateral knee replacements ^ reconstruction in about 3 weeks - - -with any luck - -and a lot of hard work - - AND - -we get spring or summer here - -I will be rehabbing at the BEACH!!!!

Again - -thank to ALL for this wonderful forum! :wall:

Terry O

I also appreciate the help and camaraderie. I had some new issues never faced before and knew I could count on others here to help. I do feel a little bad that I did more taking than giving this season, but we found the time needed for "returns" to be greater this year - there is so much pain out there - loss of loved ones, elder care, kids moving back home, unemployment, divorce, robbing from retirement plans, etc. - I think we need to create a sign that on one side says "tax prep" and on the other side says "counseling" and then flip it during the interview/closing. And we can charge $100/hour when the counseling side is showing! HA HA

Linda, I am so sorry. This has been my worst tax season in 31 years due due to personal issues, computer problems and horrible client problems. I am going to have to sit down and decide after I get everything done if I can even afford to keep doing this or if I even want to continue. I am so burned out with client's that haven't filed or just plain screwed up, that I don't know if I want the stress of dealing with it. As a one person shop, there is only so much that I can do and the stress of being a counselor and not just a CPA is wearing me down. Good luck and I hope that your year goes better.

Terry,

Rehab may hurt like h@!!, but push through it. It will help in the long run. Had both knees done 2 different years and then had to have one done again due to cancer. You will find a light at the end of the tunnel. Recovery took me 3 months to get up and about, and a total of 6 months to get back to 95% use of the knees.

I too, wanted to say a great big thanks to all of you who have helped me thru another taxing tax year. This was probably my best ever. I had many new clients and for the most part my returns were very easy compared to past years.

I am looking forward to taking a few days off, then I will begin working on the extended returns.

Again, Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who contribute!

Deb!