ATX Community

Taxed has requested that her account be removed.

Eric

If anyone is wondering why Taxed's posts have been turned into posts from Guest_Taxed_* it's because she made a request for her account to be deleted from the forum. She hadn't logged in since making the request yesterday, and so I went through with the deletion just a few minutes ago.

She didn't do anything bad. From what I understand, one of her posts was hidden, she didn't like being censored, and she asked that her account be removed from the forum. I'm sure it wasn't just that, but a lot of other things that made her feel unwelcome, so I respected her wishes and took care of the account removal.

• Like 1

You learn something new everyday, I never knew Taxed was a "she", anyway she will be missed, hopefully she'll come back as new user and start fresh.

I also thought Taxed was a man with garra.

I liked that she was quick to reply and she was well versed on some areas.

• Like 2

You learn something new everyday, I never knew Taxed was a "she", anyway she will be missed, hopefully she'll come back as new user and start fresh.

I also thought Taxed was a man with garra.

I liked that she was quick to reply and she was well versed on some areas.

I just had to look up "garra". I feel smarter just being here.

• Like 1

She didn't do anything bad. From what I understand, one of her posts was hidden, she didn't like being censored, and she asked that her account be removed from the forum. I'm sure it wasn't just that, but a lot of other things that made her feel unwelcome, so I respected her wishes and took care of the account removal.

Eric has been more than accommodating in changing the forum to try to make it better and to be what the users want, and he has addressed complaints as they've come along. Some people complained openly about the hijacked posts, and one person was going to take matters into her own hands to make it stop.

There were VERY FEW REPORTS made along the way, so in future if any of you have this big a problem with someone or their posts, PLEASE REPORT IT. We are not mind readers and are busy just like the rest of you, so don't sit back and say nothing until it gets so annoying that you feel the need to rant about another member by posting publicly about it.

Also, if you dislike someone's point of view or his or her postings to the point that you can't overlook them and can't stand to even see those posts, USE THE BLOCK FUNCTION. It works.

It takes more than one person to create an argument or keep one going, and there are others on here have added fuel to the snark fests and squabbling besides Taxed. There have also been snarky comments made to new people coming on here that innocently ask a question that are adding to the negative tone of this forum, and that needs to stop.

Every time we lose a person, we lose that person's insight and advice forever. That person might not have helped YOU, but someone else may have benefitted.

Now how's that for a hijack?

• Like 4

Not a hijack, but right on point! I couldn't have said it better. I was brought up that if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all.

People are going to have different opinions about everything, but what was really getting annoying was when one would say it's white and the other would say it's black. Expressing ones opinion is quite different than arguing ones opinion!

Just my two cents worth!

Deb!

• Like 1

I think before clicking post, we should re-read our comments and be gentle with other people. How many times do you think I have just closed IE and I am happy this forum doesn't autosave?

I have done that many times and a couple of times I have forgotten to do that and I have included some "nice" comments (based on my point of view). One time, I think KC deleted one from me and I was happy for that.

• Like 2

I was also kinda wondering. Cause I don't feel all THAT much smarter after looking it up.

Ditto. I never got the impression that she owned a fish. :P

I think Vanilla is a much better flavor than French Vanilla

Vanilla bean is obviously the superior vanilla.

• Like 2

Do you mean like this :P ?

Or like this ;~) ?

The first is by clicking on the smilie in the formating icon bar right above the box where you type, which opens the menu for all of them below the box.

The second is just made with punctuation keys. :pop:

Like This :spaz::P:spaz::P:spaz::P

That is good to know.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2