ATX Community

Rant

ILLMAS

Parents.......if you are going to bring your two adorable toddlers into my office and home; please think about it first. I love children too, but this is business and I cannot discuss your taxes and watch your children touching all of my equipment at the same time. Not to mention turning summersaults in my good chairs. I am happy that you send me their pictures at Christmastime. I do not need to meet them in person.

• Like 6

I think I've got you all beat.

If your going to kick out the tenants in the apts upstairs, please keep the heat on so the pipes don't break.

We had the upstairs bathroom practically raining on us a couple days ago, and causing me to move files, printers, computers, lamps, chairs etc all out of my office.

What a nightmare. Time to find a new office.

• Like 2

I think I've got you all beat.

If your going to kick out the tenants in the apts upstairs, please keep the heat on so the pipes don't break.

We had the upstairs bathroom practically raining on us a couple days ago, and causing me to move files, printers, computers, lamps, chairs etc all out of my office.

What a nightmare. Time to find a new office.

Sympathies!!

My office is totally cell phone unfriendly. None get signal inside. It is a pain for my cell use, but clients can't call or talk...

Jack, do you work out of a bunker? :blink:

Total aluminum siding and a tin roof. There are 6 places in the house, each the size of a saucer, where a cell phone can receive signal. No chance of talking though.

One year a newly widowed lady whose husband had always handled the family financial maters came in. I looked up from the material I was reading and to my astonishment there she came lugging a small suitcase. About the time she reached my desk the latch on the suitcase released and my office floor was covered by every type of bill known to human kind. The fact she did not return the next year was a relief.

• Like 1

I have toys for the kids to play with and I love it when they bring their dogs in. I sometimes have treats for them. As for cellphones, my clients often have to call for info, so it comes in handy. I suppose they could use my my office phone, but.... germs. :)

I have toys for the kids to play with too, but they would rather play with MY toys. I also have treats, but today chocolate was a mistake as I was wiping it up after they left. I have no issues with phones. If they need to take the call, they will ask me first if it is OK, just as I ask them if it is someone that I really need to talk to.

• Like 1

One year a newly widowed lady whose husband had always handled the family financial maters came in. I looked up from the material I was reading and to my astonishment there she came lugging a small suitcase. About the time she reached my desk the latch on the suitcase released and my office floor was covered by every type of bill known to human kind. The fact she did not return the next year was a relief.

Once I'd just left Houston Pipeline's office and the fastener on my brief case came loose and everything spilled out.

It made me think of a guy I once worked with who took three fifths of whiskey in his briefcase on out-of-town audits, so I remarked, "It's a good thing I didn't have a bottle of whiskey in there." My two assistants got a laugh out of that and suggested that you should always buy whiskey in rectangular shaped bottles.

Reminds me of the little ole lady in the sticks of Arkansas. Brought stuff in a shoebox taped to napkins. She passed 4 months later. Administrator wanted to see her returns, comes to find out she was a miser. Had 10 or so mobile homes in her own park, that she rented out.

Learned a good lesson that year, them little ole ladies aren't always so innocent!

Little old lady brings papers to office. Long time clients. Retired. Under filing threshold.

No return required.

What do I owe you ?

No charge.

No really, what do I owe you ?

Really, no charge.

I insist.

OK, a cherry pie.

Two hours later ( in a driving rain storm ) knock, knock, knock. A cherry pie at the door.

I guess I will have to look at their income every year from now on.

• Like 8