ATX Community

NT-Thank God for this board, Eric, and the people on it

NECPA in NEBRASKA

Thanks to all of you on this board. I learn so much here, plus laugh my butt off many times a day. 

I have been struggling with the self-employed health insurance deduction for a client that has ACA coverage with APTC and declined employer health insurance (which was outrageous, so it was OK). The worksheets in the Pubs and Rev Proce, just made me nuts. I found an awesome thread from 2015 with Bulldog Tom and Judy, among others that helped me in plain English and made me not feel so stupid. I guess I must try to make things too hard, but when so much affects everything else, I just get so frustrated. The numbers are so easily manipulated and there is EIC on this too, so I go over it with a fine-toothed comb, because I don't want my neck on the line for preparer penalties. 

Bonnie

• Like 7

Maybe this would be a good place to mention and to celebrate the birthday of this forum. According to the membership list from way back, Eric "joined" on 4/9 and the next earliest was KC on 4/11 along with many others of you. So, the official birthday when it opened to everyone might be tomorrow when this forum will be 9 years old!

Happy Birthday everyone, and many thanks to Eric.  I hope to enjoy many more happy years here with you all!  :bday: to the Community and  :wub: love to everyone that makes this place the best. 

• Like 9

That is amazing!  We've been colleagues - and friends - for so long and many of us go back to 1997-98 with Saber and William and barbecue and many fond memories.  Well, a few grumbles along the way but how wonderful we've been there all this time to support and cheer each other, celebrate and mourn, smile and cry, gripe and groan and know that every day others are out there/here who truly understand and only want to help.

Celebrate and share the love, indeed!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, jklcpa said:

Maybe this would be a good place to mention and to celebrate the birthday of this forum. According to the membership list from way back, Eric "joined" on 4/9 and the next earliest was KC on 4/11 along with many others of you. So, the official birthday when it opened to everyone might be tomorrow when this forum will be 9 years old!

Happy Birthday everyone, and many thanks to Eric.  I hope to enjoy many more happy years here with you all!  :bday: to the Community and  :wub: love to everyone that makes this place the best. 

Just looked at my profile and it says I've been here since 4/12.  Didn't take me long to find home!

• Like 6

As a relative newbie here  I found this board during the 2012 debacle.  The first time I was here I saw all the animal pictures (I'm an animal lover),  familiar names like Rita, NECPA, jmdaviscpa, easytax, michaelmars,Gail, Margaret, and mcb39 among others from the official board.  Then I saw Jack's twin towers 9/11 picture, something I have an unfortunately close relationship to.... that sold me to stay here because I knew this was a special group.  After being here I can see Eric, KC, and Judy are special people, unselfishly giving their time for all of us.  Congratulations to all and Thank you!

• Like 8