ATX Community

A Big Thank You

jasdlm

I want to thank everyone for the incredible support and valuable information provided during this season. I especially want to thank the experienced preparers who so generously give of their time to answer questions that must leave them scratching their heads (or beating them against the wall). I am a relatively 'new' preparer, and I am a sole practitioner. This Board is my only source for 'colleagues'.

I would like to thank people individually, but I know that I would inadvertantly leave someone out. I cannot provide the quality responses that many members of this Board can, but someday I hope to be one of the 'experienced and knowledgeable' preparers. I will then pass on (with good humor and much patience) that which has been so graciously given to me by this community.

Thanks again.

Chiming in here, too. JRS, it isn't just the knowledge, I think. It's the collegiality and downright friendliness exhibited every day that makes the difference, in my opinion. We run the gamut in experience and mostly don't just tolerate each other. We enjoy helping out when we know or think we know an answer. I am so grateful to be a part of this group, mostly taking, I am sorry to say, but occasionally able to give. I just wanna be KC when I grow up!

I too want to say a big thank you to all and especially for this board. What I learn by reading the posts are far more valuable than any resource info out there. This board is packed with years of experience, and I really appreciate the fact that no question is to small or to big. You all are wonderful and I count it a pleasure to be apart of this family!

Deb!

Thank you indeed!! I couldn't get through the season without popping in here for some relief! Thanks to Eric for setting us up with this, to TAXBILLY for being the Birthday Fairy and letting us all know when to celebrate, and to everyone for the advice, laughs, vents and all kinds of interesting tidbits.

Jeanne

Many, many thanks to all my dear friends on this board. I could NOT run my one-person shop without you! The assistance, camaraderie, good (-and- bad) jokes, the occasional chance to help someone else, the understanding of what-why-when-where-how of the gripes -- it all means SO MUCH.

I am so very grateful for you all. I'll be here even after tax season, as the extensions get plodded through, but I know that many of you will be back only next season.

So, with all my best wishes for a GREAT rest of the year,

I remain your friend, Catherine

You mean you did not give a 'Birthday' donation last week, Joel? [The board was two years old last Sat. ] Shame on you! :lol:

damn, that's twice I have to hang my head in shame.

Wait a minute I am not just a CPA I am also an attorney. Attorneys have no shame.

Ahhhh I feel better now.

Just wanted to add my thanks for everyone's help and expertise. Could not have gotten through some of my returns without the help that is given here!! Special thanks to Marilyn for all the times I called her and bugged her when she was swamped with her "bon bons":) Thanks again all and look forward to next year. Take care and take a well deserved break everyone:)

Sara

Me too !!! Thanks all for your thoughtful and friendly posts. Glad its over again. Wish I could have attended a tea party, but too tired ! Can't wait to start shopping for an air gun for basement target practice (thanks for the idea Catherine).

Me too !!! Thanks all for your thoughtful and friendly posts. Glad its over again. Wish I could have attended a tea party, but too tired ! Can't wait to start shopping for an air gun for basement target practice (thanks for the idea Catherine).

You're welcome!! Hope you find it as much fun as I do!

My daughter and I were in the background on an intro shot for NECN (New England Cable News) for about ten seconds. It was taken at the noontime Tea Party in Boston and shown around 4PM (she saw it, it was over by the time I got to the TV). My husband is at the afternoon Tea Party and they are tossing tea casks into the harbor. Thank you Upton Tea Importers for the casks! (Great tea company and fabulous prices, by the way -- I've gotten most all my tea from them for years.)

Catherine

Many, many thanks. I have always enjoyed this board, both old and new, and learned a great deal each year. I was happy my drool over the cinnamon buns didn't short out my keyboard.

This has been a tough year for me and I doubt I could have done it without the community to come to. Eric was a true friend when he stepped up to the plate 2 years ago and all of you are fantastic. MM

With out a doubt this board has contributed much to the needed input into resolving some oomplicated issues that I could not solve on my own without extended research. The response from this board can give point blank common sense and technical resources to questions posed.

Thank you everyone on this board for your contribution.

Thank you Eric and KC. Can we send some back in $$?

I would like to echo everyone else's sentiments and look forward to being more active on this board next year since I will be using ATX software again. It is an unequaled wealth of information for someone like myself that works alone.

Best to all,

Gail