ATX Community

NT - Sad news here

Jack from Ohio

It is with great sadness that I post this.

I just received word that Bill Harmon, Tri-Village High School 1974 graduate (we were classmates)  and long time resident of New Madison, Ohio  passed away this morning at his home in Maryville, Tennessee.  He lost his third battle with cancer. 

He was my best friend in High School, and his early passing will touch me for the rest of my life.

Viewing will be Monday, March 30, 2015 from 5:00 to 7:00 PM at the Broadway Baptist Church located at 2329 East Broadway Avenue, Maryville, TN 37804.

Funeral service will follow.

Graveside services will be Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 9:30 AM at the East Tennessee Veterans Cemetery located at 2200 E Governor John Sevier Hwy, Knoxville, TN 37920.  He will be interned with full military honors.

I will post a link to his obituary just as soon as it is available.

Arrangements being handled by Miller Funeral Home located at 915 W Broadway Ave, Maryville, TN 37801  Phone:(865) 982-6041

I am taking two days out of my schedule to attend.  Approx 400 miles from here.  Gonna be a long week...

Cancer is a respecter of no person or age!  My heart hurts for you, Jack!  Trust that you are doing the right thing by being there.  It will be a long week, as you say.  But it will be a memory producing time.  I see Bill was only 59 years old.  My Mother passed at the age of 58.  I have first hand experience knowing what this feels like.  But living life with no regrets, like being there when it would be easier to make an excuse, is one of the keys to a successful and happy life.  Happy is not on your radar right now, but it will be.  At any rate, Jack, even now, I lift you and your friend to the Father in Heaven:

Most merciful Heavenly Father, I come before You this morning asking that You will wrap Your loving arms around Jack and brother Harmon's family, friends and loved ones.  Bill's life is another that has been cut down at far too young of an age - at least that is our opinion, Father.  But Father, I thank You for Your great love and grace and sovereignty.  You have promised that our lives do not end when we leave this earthly vessel - but You have told us of eternity.   And that is a very, very long time.  Help Jack and Bill's family and friends focus on the memories that Bill leaves behind, but more so, Father, on that great beyond - where there will one day be a great, great reunion.  I would ask, O God, that you will build a hedge of protection around Jack this week and travel by his side as he goes to say good bye to his friend.   I would ask that You would keep him safe on the highways and byways - not just this week, but in the weeks to come.  Father, thank You for hearing my prayers.  And I pray these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  Amen and amen!

http://www.thedailytimes.com/public_records/obituaries/william-l-harmon/article_9d216471-c542-5f9f-9fc9-1486d57ca36b.html

• Like 5

No words will comfort you at this time, but the caring and heartfelt sympathy of your friends will strengthen you.  We just attended a memorial service yesterday.  We also had to take three days out of our busy schedules to travel.  Take care as you go.  There are some things that are just more important than tax returns and they always seem to pop up near the deadline.  Somehow, we always make it through. 

• Like 1