ATX Community

Request Your Prayers

kcjenkins

KC,

Our prayers are with you as well.

We were reading in RBC "Our Daily Bread" recently and attention was drawn to II Chronicles 16. Verse 12 (in New Living Translation) reads, "....Asa developed a...disease. Even when the disease became life threatening, he did not seek he Lord's help but sought help ONLY from the physicians. So he died..." The assumption is that if Asa had put his confidence in God, rather than in the physicians, he would not have died.

I am not naive enough to ASSUME that seeking the Lord's help guarantees healing (God didn't heal the Apostle Paul's "affliction," but rather told him "My Grace is sufficient for you." God had something more important in allowing the affliction to continue, rather than eliminate it.

God's Promise is for strength and help in time of need - "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it." Hebrews 4:16.

Even in the darkness hour, even in the most threatening and frightening of circumstances - "Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me." Psalm 23:4

Well, we are back in the hospital, gall bladder this time. Looks like we will be there through at least Tuesday. Please keep both Don and me in your prayers.

KC, you and Don are definitely in my prayers. You have been such a great help to me with your expert knowledge and we need to have you back here well and ready to keep us straight.

Much love and caring, Granny Coral

Thank you to all who answered, and also to those who did not reply but did keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Don is doing better, although he is going to have to have surgery to remove his gall bladder, some time this week, we expect. He's been having a rough time but is feeling better now, and I am told that the surgery is pretty simple and recovery times are usually short. Here's hoping........

Of course, like most men, he's a bit of a baby when it comes to being in the hospital. But he's trying hard to be a good patient, and so far so good. Only one 'explosion' in a full week! :lol:

Well, we are back in the hospital, gall bladder this time. Looks like we will be there through at least Tuesday. Please keep both Don and me in your prayers.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all confort; Who conforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to confort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 2Co. 1:3, 4.

I will also pray for you and Don.

You and Don are certainly in my prayers. I had the old GB out in May 07, laproscopic, out patient, laid around a couple of days and that was pretty much it. However, I know Don has other health issues which probably make any type of surgery a more serious situation than for someone in relatively good health. God Bless, and keep us posted.

Gerald

KC,

I have not been on the board for a few days, but I too add my belated prayers. May God bless and heal Don, and give you comfort right now. I know God is still in the miracle business, and if enough of His people will pray, His heart can be moved to intervene. May He move in your life right now.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Thank you to all who answered, and also to those who did not reply but did keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Don is doing better, although he is going to have to have surgery to remove his gall bladder, some time this week, we expect. He's been having a rough time but is feeling better now, and I am told that the surgery is pretty simple and recovery times are usually short. Here's hoping........

Of course, like most men, he's a bit of a baby when it comes to being in the hospital. But he's trying hard to be a good patient, and so far so good. Only one 'explosion' in a full week! :lol:

They do great work with gallbladders these days. My husband and I went out to take care of his mother when she had to have hers out a couple of years ago. She was 84 at the time and had laparoscopic day surgery. We brought her in first thing in the morning, had her home by mid-afternoon. The very next day, I had to physically remove a dust mop from her hands -- she was trying to mop up dog hair in the hall. I hope Don's goes as smoothly.

Catherine

Well, they finally took it out today. Tried the laparoscopic, but it was too diseased for that, they had to open him up as gangrene had started. But he's out of surgery, they got it all out, and hopefully now the pain will stop and he can begin to heal. It's been a rough time so far, so keep praying, please.