ATX Community

NT...I purchased an engagement ring

Janitor Bob

Going on vacation to Key West end of May...Think I will ask my girlfriend to marry me while we are there....Purchased ring this weekend before gold prices drive the cost up.

...Man...a lot of stuff can change in a year!

Wow! Congratulations, Bob, I'm so happy for you! I can see you are quite a looker; your gal will be thrilled!

And, best of all, by the end of May, you will have received that big fat STIMULUS REBATE!

All kidding aside, I pray for God's best for you, I know it has been a tough year.

Going on vacation to Key West end of May...Think I will ask my girlfriend to marry me while we are there....Purchased ring this weekend before gold prices drive the cost up.

Congratulations, JB! :rolleyes: Just knowing you through the ATX boards, I'm so happy for you! Just make sure she knows it's not just the margaritas talking when you ask her!!

Cathy

Is Lenny the Pirate going to be the best man?

Oh - maybe we should wait to find out if she says "yes" before we ask about the wedding.

Good Luck to both of you.

Tom

Lodi, cA

I'm sure Betty Sue would be happy to do your soon to be fiancee's hair. I'm sure between her and Jerome they could come up with an original doo,,,,cuz Jerome is really smart!!

The best to the both of you always!!

Eli

WHEN MY HUSBAND PROPOSED TO ME 22 YEARS AGO, HE BOUGHT THE ENGAGEMENT RING AFTER BEING ON LAY-AWAY FOR 6 MONTHS AND I BOUGHT THE DINNER WHERE HE PROPOSED. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS THIS YEAR MOST OF THEM HAPPY AND WITH 4 CHILDREN THAT IS ALOT. HOPE YOU HAVE MANY HAPPY YEARS.

WENDY BOOTH

6 divorces later, 17 kids, alimony, child support and 2 steps away from the poor house and nut house and I got to ask.... What are you THINKING????

(Thinking out loud) Maybe I should have written a few Pre-Nup Agreements???? Or had a vasectomy???

Ok, just kidding. Actually on my second marriage here and wouldn't have it any other way. And really don't regret much from the first marriage (she had issues, was and is bi-polar and cheated, but I still wish her well), have 2 beautiful girls from that one.

Wish you the best of luck. And know, that the statistics say that men live longer when they are married (wonder if that means happily though?).

Joel

:wacko:

Is it true that "fools rush in where angels fear to tread"? May your lives be filled with as many frikken bananas as you could want or need. lbb